Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Jack O'Lantern

Our pumpkin is now a happy, smiley faced jack o'lantern. First I had the terrible job of gutting the pumpkin. It was gross. And it was cold, even though the pumpkin spent all day inside to get warmed up. Abby and Maize both wanted to get their hands on the pumpkin guts. Abby was successfully blocked, but Maize got a few mouthfuls out of the pan. Steve got to carve Abby's pumpkin for her. Abby and I drew the face on it first so that he would know what it needed to look like. It was only his 2nd time carving pumpkins (that he could remember at least). Abby watched her dad use the sharp knife to cut out her pumpkins face. Maize used her trickery to steal both the eyes that were cut out and ate them up. What a silly dog.
Abby had a great smiley pumpkin when we were all done with one tooth, since it is her first Halloween. And we gave her pumpkin dimples, since Abby has a dimple and she thinks it is pretty cute.
Happy Halloween a few weeks early. If you happen to be in Sault Ste. Marie and drive by our house you will probably see this big smile looking out at you.

2 comments:

Grandma Jennie said...

Dear Abby, I put your Happy Pumpkin as my background on my computer. He looks really Happy with the light inside and all dark. Thank you for sending him to me. He does look like the cutest jack o lantern that i have almost ever seen. Tell Daddy he is a good carver. Tell Mommy she is a good artist, especially the dimples, I love you all so very much!! GG

smhodges said...

I hope my pictures weren't returned to sender:(, they are not here yet, neither are Grandma Jennie's. I turned the horses loose yesterday and Molly and Fred were so glad to see their old buddies. The new horse got kicked a few times though. Love you all,
MOM