Abby is in one of her special moods today. She doesn't want to take a nap - thanks mostly to Maize who woke her up right after I got her to sleep. I tried to get her to nap and even laid down with her, but it was mostly crying and playing with her feet interrupted with sort bursts of sleeping. Since she is in rare form and I have some remnants of food poisoning or some other illness we are quite a pair. Luckily she is enjoying her exersaucer on her own and is relatively happy for now. We will see how this works out tonight when Steve gets home and Abby's not had a good nap. I think she is getting very close to having teeth come in because she is getting much harder to get relaxed and sleeping.
Over the weekend we got to take Abby into the pool at Weber's Inn where we were staying. She hated the pool at Grandma & Grandpa Hodges house, but it was probably the temperature and not the water. She loved swimming at the hotel. Of course it was typical Abby - straight faced and not looking to excited - but the splashing and 45 minutes in the pool without a whine were a good sign for her trip to Boyne this weekend to waterpark with Grandma Mary, Grandpa Scott, and Aunties Hannah, Emily and almost Aunt Courtnie and Uncle Nate. If we could have only had Uncle Dan, Aunt Mel, Uncle Glenn and Jack along too it would have been a perfect family retreat. We'll have fun just the same but we miss those guys!Tomorrow night Abby is going to have her babysitter Kitty come over and spend the evening with her so Steve and I can go on a real date and to a meeting at church so that we can become official members of the church we have been attending. Considering Abby's recent seperation anxiety I am keeping my fingers crossed that Kitty won't be pulling out her hair by the time we get home.
1 comment:
Cute pictures of you and Daddy, Mommy too. bet you will have a Great time with the Baby Sitter. She sounds like a really fun gal. Love you Grandma
Post a Comment