Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sun-Day

After two days of icky weather we are back to beautiful sunshine! Abby has been spending a lot of time outside enjoying her swing set, sandbox (which now has sand in it), and sprinkler. We had a pool out for a while, but Abby had a problem remembering not to pee in it, so we drained it and decided a sprinkler would be a better way for her to cool off.
Olivia has been a lot more alert and interactive in the last couple weeks, so Abby has been enjoying more and more play time with her little sister. She loves sitting with Olivia on the chair. Olivia seems to like Abby too and gives her great big smiles. She just won't do them when I have the camera.
This is the pool girl right before she had her accident in the pool. So consequently her daddy drained it. We have had unusually warm weather around here for most of the last week and we supposed to hit 90 at least one day this week. I'm thinking beach...
So basically, Friday we were busy baby sitting Abby's friend Maddie at lunch time and her friends Autumn and Abby in the evening. Abby had a great time with all her friends. I got exhausted. That's a lot of running. And on Friday I managed to whip up 2 baby slings and a baby blanket for gifts - and they had to be done ASAP since one recipient is leaving the U.P. for the south side of Chicago on Friday night. Saturday was a lazy day, except for the part where Steve and I dug the sandbox out so that we could put in 10 to 12 inches of sand. The box as it was built would only hold 3 or 4 inches and we decided that wouldn't really meet Abby's needs. So we did some back breaking labor hunched over since the roof over the sandbox was about 4 foot high. Today we had lunch with our friends the Dodges, went to a graduation open house for one of Steve's co-worker's children, and then used our new sandbox and sprinkler to play in the back yard. I didn't realize how busy we had been until I sat down and typed all that out. I'm getting tired just thinking of it all... I think tomorrow is going to be much less busy.

4 comments:

Grandma Jennie said...

Hey little girl, you are soooooooooooocute!! I bet you are having a wonderful time in your pool and sand box. You must however,learn to pee pee in your potty. Anyway, Great Grandma loves you very much, and I know that those special urges come even when you get old like me....HEHehe Your little sister is getting so cute. Hey Mommy You are doing Great!!

Grandma Jennie said...

Hope you got out in the sprinkler if it is as warm up there as it is here!! We are at 90 outside, and the Greenhouse has been busy and over 100:)

Mel Hagberg said...

Olivia quit growing you look like a different girl! Abby does not look impressed with the dotty dress :) Can't wait to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Olivia looks huge! I can't wait to hold her. Love you.
Grammie