Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some Random Abby-ness

Here are a few random things Abby has done to make us laugh in the last few days...

1. Abby has made the switch from always saying "uh-huh" when she wants to say yes. Now instead she says "yeah." It is simply adorable. Except when she is being naughty or having a fit.

2. Last night I really wanted to soak in the bathtub, since Baby O. was not being a nice girl. I didn't say the words bath, bathroom, tub, water, or anything resembling those. I told Steve I was going to go soak for a while. Faster than lightning, Abby said "Abby take bubble bath, yeah!" and she was up the stairs within about 1 minute. So much for a nice soak...

3. Abby no longer wants to sleep in our bed, at all, ever. Hooray!!! Last night Steve was tired from work and shoveling out our driveway, so he accidentally fell asleep in Abby's bed while they were playing in Abby's room. So, Abby came into our room where I was putting away clothes. I put her in bed with me when we were done with our chore. She lasted about two minutes before she asked to go lay down in Abby's bed. I've been waiting and waiting for this moment :-)

4. Abby is over the mom holding another baby jealousy - at least for the most part. This morning Abby and I went over to her friend A.J.'s house to lend a helping hand, since they received a tiny little infant foster child yesterday. They already had 2 girls 2 and under, so we figured that some extra hands would be helpful, especially since A.J.'s dad was going to be at work all day. Abby was very good about touching the little boy gently and letting me hold and feed him so A.J.'s mom could do some laundry, shower, and get ready for the meetings she has to go to this afternoon.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Abby and Mommy, what a blessing you are to your friends!! I bet Abby loves her friend A.J. God Bless you in your work in your Church and with friends. GG