Abby and I were both passed out for a part of this afternoon. Her's was the good passed out - the 2.5 hour nap in her toddler bed kind of passed out. Mine was the blacking out while having blood drawn kind. Not good. That's about 5 minutes of my life that I will probably never recall.
We had our first OB visit for baby number two. This child is much more cooperative than Abby. We were able to hear the little squirt's heart beating away - something that we couldn't do until well into the pregnancy with Abby. If it weren't for the fact that they were drawing seven vials of blood and causing me to pass out it would have been a great appointment. The worst part is that they didn't get all the blood they needed for all the tests they wanted to run, so at some point, probably the next visit, I will be stuck again. This pregnancy thing is for the birds.
So after our exciting afternoon - I had to call Steve at work and tell him to come drive me home because I didn't want to risk passing out behind the wheel - I've been relaxing and trying to get rid of the killer headache that passing out created. Abby has transitioned to the toddler bed like a champ, although our baby sitter did peek in on her this afternoon and found her sleeping on the floor. She moved her back into bed and Abby slept another hour and a half after that. Yesterday she walked up the stairs all by herself and crawled into her bed. I tucked her and Pooh Bear in and then was promptly told to go away. We are very happy that Abby is enjoying this new big girl bed.
1 comment:
Jennifer Honey, always take someone with you to the Dr. or teach Abby to drive. I had that happen to me once too. No fun. I tipped over in the hallway leaving the vampires office. I woke up on their table with a pillow, thought I was home in bed. Oh well, you must be a bit like me. I still turn a bit green when I see hurtful things. Love and Hugs. GG
Post a Comment