Friday, September 25, 2009

Daddy Date Day

Steve had today off, so Abby got to go on a lunch date with her daddy. She also got to have her first official happy meal (I have ordered them for her before and gave her one nugget and some fries and had the rest myself). She ate almost the entire meal! And had some frosty. She has gone from picky pants to bottomless pit in the last few weeks. Most of all she enjoyed spending time with daddy today on his day off.

Abby is all ready to watch college football tomorrow. Last night we made her little people do the sign for touchdown and she was very impressed. We had to make them all do the touchdown before we could stop playing with the doll house. Besides playing with the dolls and doll house, Abby has been doing a lot of coloring lately. She is getting very good at holding the crayons and coloring, albeit outside of the lines. She is pretty insistent that only she and daddy can color in her books. I am apparently not allowed to participate. And for those of you keeping track, Abigail is definitely right handed. And she holds her crayons the weird way that I hold a pencil (resting on the ring finger instead of the middle finger). Guess some things you just learn from watching your mom.

2 comments:

Grandma Jennie said...

Ooooh Abby, sounds like you and Daddy had a really fun day!!! I am so glad you have such a nice family that takes you out for lunch, colors pictures with you and all the fun stuff!! French fries sound really good to me tonight. Love you lots!!GGGGG

Anonymous said...

That's how I hold my crayons and pencils too Abby!!! You are getting to be so big and more adorable by the day!!!!