Saturday, June 6, 2009

Surprises!

I need to shower, so I'm keeping this very short. Abby, Steve and I ripped up the carpet in our new living room and had a great surprise - beautiful hardwood floors in great condition. We also had some neat floors under the carpet in the half bathroom. It's vintage honeycomb tile from 1926, just like the entryway. Some of the tiles were damaged from the tack strips, but I think we are going to try and leave them at least for now. Maybe I can even get some replacement tiles to fill in the broken ones.

Abby was a good helper again today. We've got a lot left to move, but we made a good dent. We also bought the new toilet, new vanity and sink set, and a new set for the shower. Now we just have to figure out how to get them installed... that could be the tricky part. But we have leaks in the bathtub faucet, leaks in the half bath sink, and leaks in the kitchen sprayer, so they all have to be fixed. Otherwise the water will have to stay off because I am refusing to pay the huge water bill they will cause!

Watch tomorrow (or the next day) for pictures of the awesome floor we found :-)

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

We are soooooooooo excited for you, all those little fixes, will be yours, not going to some renter. Arn"t you glad? Your very own, wish we were there to help you. Love you lots, GG