We are going to be leaving sometime in the next couple hours for Hastings and there is still quite a bit to do, but I needed a little sit down break. Abby finally cried herself to sleep an hour ago, since she would not go to sleep for nap time in any of the conventional ways. She was really tired, but wanted to watch my every move since I was doing different things today.
And so, we are almost ready to hit the road. I had a video of Abby's room to post, but I can't find the cord to link the camera and the computer and I don't want to waste a lot of time looking for it. So it will have to wait. On the bright side, Abby and I found the best sale ever! We visited the fudge shop and they had a 75% off sale, plus salt water taffy for $1 per bag. Talk about a bargain! For $12 we got 6 bars of fudge and 2 bags of taffy. Over the summer the same amount would have bought us about 2 bars of fudge. It is going to be a very yummy thanksgiving, that is if the fudge makes it south of the Mackinaw Bridge ;-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I don't think I really need to tell you all what I am thankful for, but just in case you are wondering here's the short list:
1. A very healthy, happy baby girl (Abigail)
2. A wonderful husband who works hard so I can stay home
3. Not being pregnant and not having diabetes anymore! (I loved the end result, but the whole pregnancy thing stinks)
4. A wonderful family and extended family who make a super support system
5. A free, democractic country, even if I don't agree with some of our leaders, it is good to know that democracy rules here. Thanks to Joe and all the other soldiers who work hard to keep our country free.
No comments:
Post a Comment