I went to prenatal check up number 1 this morning. It was rather uneventful. I had heard horror stories of the humiliation I would have to endure, but this was rather painless. I remembered to tell the nurse that I am a fainter when it comes to needles, so I got to lay down during the draw and was able to get right up and walk out without the ususal dramatics. Of course she said after the poke I wouldn't feel a thing, and of course I could feel the darn needle the whole time. I'm sure I will be donating blood to the lab everytime I visit, so I guess I will just have to get used to the whole get-up, but that doesn't make it any better.
So six vials of blood later I was told to come back in two weeks for the visit with the doctor and all of the poking, prodding, and checking. The nurse gave us the estimated due date of April 22nd, which is the same date I had calculated. Check back on September 26 for all the cool stuff, like the heartbeat.
Tomorrow it is off to the Michigan/Notre Dame football game. This baby is destined to be a Wolverine. Hopefully the team can pull off a win so that Sparky doesn't try to escape the game again and stretch my belly out even more. It will also be the first time we spend with Steve's classmates after announcing the pregnancy, so I am sure that a lot of belly rubbing will be occuring - I might as well get used to it now since I am sure it is going to happen a lot during the next seven months.
1 comment:
Dear Little Sparky, we are so glad that you got to the Doctor already!We are also glad that Mommy braved it through that first blood draw, we know how hard that is for her. Tell her that it won't be bad each time, because the vampires will leave her alone quite a lot. Great Grandma also had a hard time with that very thing. Once I cried all the way home from school because I wouldn't let the teacher prick my finger to type my blood.Love you very much Great Gram
Post a Comment