Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's June Already?!?






Well it's been another month (plus) - and what a month it's been. We are right in the middle of Steve being in Haiti and that has been quite the challenge these last few days as the girls really begin to miss their daddy. The other times we've been away from him the girls have had the benefit of being the travelers and so that made it easy because there were grandmas and grandpas around to distract them from their daddy being away. We had that for the first five days while we visited Great Grandma Lorraine and Great Grandpa Harley, but now we are back at home and there is a distinct void without our daddy here. And probably too much estrogen in this house!

So... since the beginning of May we have done and dealt with a lot. Both girls had unscheduled trips to the doctors office. First Olivia because we finally decided her snotty nose was not going to go away on its own and it was making her miserable. She is now taking two different allergy medicines and I'm not noticing much improvement. She sees the doctor again next Friday for her 15 month check up, so from there I'm kind of expecting to be sent to see the allergy specialist in Petoskey to see if we can figure out how to make her comfortable. She has been markedly happier since adding the second medication, but the snot still flows freely from her nose. Abby also had an unexpected trip for an infection in her arm. She got her first mosquito bite and her arm doubled in size. She's since had lots of bites and no reaction, so I don't believe it was just the mosquito bite. A course of antibiotics later her arm looks great expect for a small spot that will probably scar where it had some discharge from the swelling. Yuck! So I'm hoping that we can be done with all that stuff for the rest of the summer.

In May we got to go down and visit family and celebrate my sister Hannah's graduation from high school - man did that make me feel old! The girls had a great time with family and we enjoyed celebrating with lots of friends and family we don't get to see too often. It was ridiculously hot the day of the open house, so I will admit that I was very, very glad to return to the Upper Peninsula the next day (bet you'd never thought I would say that 10 years ago if you knew me). And, like I said before, we just got back from visiting Great Grandma & Grandpa in Blissfield. While we were there the girls got to visit the Toledo Zoo. The last few visits Abby was pretty scared of most of the animals (or uninterested) so it was a pleasant surprise that she loved it this time. She's still talking about the animals she saw and the fun she had. Unfortunately Olivia was not feeling good that day, so she spent her time at the zoo in the baby sling moaning and whimpering. I felt bad for hauling her out, but it was our chance to see the baby elephant and she would have been just as miserable at Grandma & Grandpa's house. It's been a lot of travel, so we are looking forward to a low-key summer with some camping around here and hopefully people traveling up to visit us, since the summers here are magical.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Jennifer, I love your stories!! You really need to write a book!!! You make growing up fun, and the girls will always love you for that:)