Monday, September 20, 2010

Super Sitter

Olivia started sitting up unassisted on Thursday of last week (I know... it's Monday...I'm busy). She's up to a minute or so before she grabs for sometime and takes a dive. But she really, really enjoys the view from the upright position and loves being able to interact with Abby. Olivia is also right in the middle of getting some teeth, or something, I hope. Last night she had a bad night, so she and I ended up spending the second half of the night (after 2 am) sleeping together on the couch. I'm hoping that is the last night of such nonsense. I need my sleep too...
The girls stayed with their favorite babysitters on Friday night so Steve and I could enjoy some adult conversation (and Dairy Queen without having to get some for Abby). Abby is getting better about staying with a sitter or at the church nursery with each attempt, we are still waiting for the day when she doesn't cry about it. Olivia, on the other hand, could care less. She is just a flirt, so anyone is generally fine unless she is tired.
This weekend Steve, with the help of our friend Mr. Dodge, removed the big, rotting, brown shed from our backyard. Or maybe I should say cut it up, since one wall completely fell in when Steve started taking things out of the shed. We found some interesting treasures inside including a really old, really tall men's schwinn bike. It's free to the first to claim and remove it from my back yard. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the shed falling down on our children anymore, but I think I may have to take some time out soon and go pick up any stray nails and screws that are left out there.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Wow! I can't believe Olivia is sitting up. You will have so much fun on vacation with Grandma Mary and Grandma Lorraine. How fun. Bet Abby can hardly wait. We wish for you the best vacation ever!! Love you and appreciate the Great Mom you are. Love and Hugs GG