Monday, March 1, 2010

Productivity

My helper is sick, but she's still being pretty well behaved today. That is... if you don't count whining toward misbehavior. She's got a pretty stuffed up nose and I'm sure her sinuses and head feel pretty full too. She was even willing to stand under the shower for a good 10 minutes all by herself and totally ignored the toys in the tub with her.

Abby was really excited to have her daddy home yesterday afternoon. She wasn't sure what to think at first, mostly because Maize was really excited and all the barking scared Abby a little. But I'm pretty sure she was very glad to have her favorite playmate home. In fact, for most of the rest of the afternoon I got the cold shoulder in favor of playing with Daddy. Not that I minded a little downtime from being the entertainment for Abby.
Abby and I finished a flannel blanket for Baby Sister this morning. It is now a great source of confusion for Abby, since we made an almost identical (albeit smaller) version of this blanket for Abby's dolls with the extra material. I think she figured out that it wasn't a doll blanket when she tried to wrap the doll in the whole yard of fabric, which was a little too much for her hands and arms to manipulate around her dolls. We still have fabric for one more girly blanket and made this blanket initially for Uncle Nate and Aunt Courtnie's baby boy, but we decided to make him a more manly version, so Baby Sister is keeping this one too (which is a great match for her car seat). We have lots of other crafty projects to keep Abby and I busy while we wait for Baby Sister.

1 comment:

Grandma Jennie said...

Wow!! those blanket's look so pretty, I bet Baby Sister will look and feel so warm in them. I love the nice big blankets that you and Sarah make, they are so nice to wrap a baby bunting in:) I bet Abby's doll will like it too. Glad Daddy got home safe and sound so Abby has her Daddy to help entertain her. Hope the cold leaves soon. Love you GG