The pavement of the church parking lot and I got up close and personal this morning. Luckily for Sparky, I am an expert faller. After all those throws from the horse, combined with my notoriously poor balance, I have gotten very good at the protection of vitals when falling. So Sparky probably didn't even notice us going down. I also managed to fall during a time when there was (surprisingly) no one else in the church parking lot. So beyond a bruised and skinned up knee, a bruised palm, and dirty pants, we escaped just fine.
Steve can now enjoy a few days of "I told you so time" since he warned me that there was black ice in the parking lot. This will probably be the last time I attempt to shove a water bottle in my pocket while ignoring where my feet are being placed. The extra pounds around my middle section probably were a huge contributor to the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment