For my few friends who are not now and have not been pregnant - using cocoa butter or any other type of lotion to avoid stretch marks WILL NOT WORK. It will however, keep you from feeling all itchy and flaky, so I still recommend it.
I now have a very tiny beginning of a stretch mark down on my belly (below where I can see it without looking in the mirror). Steve verified for me this morning that it was an actual stretch mark and not just a mark from my pajamas. Obviously, it was a very sad morning and most of my bikinis went into the Goodwill bag, along with a lot of other things. I kept a few, just in case the mark is below my bikini line when my belly is back to its normal-ish size and shape.
Since there wasn't a clear victor in the nursery decoration vote, we are going to stick with Classic Pooh (we've registered for the set at Target). We figure it's the best of all worlds - classic, cute, neutral (sage and cream) and best of all, not pink and girly (for Steve's sanity since he will be living with all females for a long while).
My tennis ball sized ankles returned this week. Not that I did anything different than a normal week (40-ish hours at work, at my desk, calling builders and reading contracts). Hopefully the swelling doesn't get too out of hand. For now I can live with it, but if my shoes quit fitting we may have a problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment