Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Re-Learning to Sleep

Not that there is any physical change to my outer appearance, but something about being pregnant has made sleeping in the last two weeks a very difficult task. First there is the constant overheating, followed by throwing off the covers causing chills. Then there is the fact that I am uncomfortable laying in any position on the bed, short of practically laying on top of a body pillow. Sleeping on the couch, on the other hand, is not a problem at all. I have been making up for the lost sleep at night by napping as much as possible during the day, but this habit will be changing in a few weeks when I start substitute teaching while I wait for my law license. There are so many physical changes caused by pregnancy that I wasn't ready for, expecting, or even aware of ~ not that I would rather not be pregnant, but some fair warning from all of the moms I know would have been helpful.

We've past the 5 week mark, hardly a milestone but still making progress. I don't go to see the OB/GYN until mid-September, so until then I am try to eat right, get plenty of rest, and take my vitamins. And drinking way too much water, and laying off the diet coke and splenda.

No comments: